The application requirements for the Counseling Programs, both Mental Health and School Counseling include:
- A completed Saint Rose graduate school application
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- An undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0
- A current resumè demonstrating work and volunteer experience in the field
- A personal essay discussing objectives and motivation for pursuing a graduate degree in counseling, an understanding of the preferred concentration, and a discussion of how this degree will meet the applicant’s professional development plans.
- Attendance at an admissions workshop
- At least two letters of recommendation: one that addresses the individual’s character and potential to be a counselor, and one
that addresses the individual’s scholarship/academic ability (and is written by a professional qualified to make that assessment).
- Completion of nine hours of psychology coursework taken no more than five years prior to admission to the master’s program in counseling.
Admissions requirements for the CSSA program include:
Completion of application for graduate study.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree. (Minimum of 9 credits of Psychology beyond Introduction to Psychology; these classes may be completed after acceptance into the degree program).
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Two letters of recommendation, one which addresses character and your potential to work in the field of student services, and one that address your ability to complete graduate level work (written by a professional qualified to make this assessment).
- Essay discussing your objectives and motivation for pursuing a degree in College Student Services Administration along with how the degree will meet your professional development plans.
- Resume demonstrating work experience, volunteer experience and campus involvement.
- Attendance at an Admissions Workshop.
For information on how to finance your education, contact the Office of Financial Aid. E-mail them at email@example.com or call at (518) 454-5464. Don’t hesitate to schedule a meeting to explore your payment options.